Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Questionable "Hardware Issue or Software issue" "Return Key" doesn't work well

Hi,

Happy New Year to all... I have a New Bold 9700, Software version 5.0.0.405, Carrier AT&T. The "Return Key" Between the Red Telephone end key and the Track Pad, doesn't always work on the first push, sometimes it requires multiple pushes to get it to work.

Example, In the Home screen area, if you hit the home key it lists all your icons, if you hit the Return Key, it works most of the time, but many times it will require either another push or a push and hold to work. I went into the About, Applications, 3rd party apps listing I pushed the return key,, and it required multiple pushes to work-, ( It should return you to your starting point)

I have already done a Battery Pull while the device was on, I thought it got better but, no such luck, same thing again.

I also thought that maybe the button or pad is "Stiff" and just needs a break-in period? I don't know.

I thought to ask here and see if anyone can guide me better.

Thank You

Larry

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Questionable "Hardware Issue or Software issue" "Return Key" doesn't work we

If its a new device and causing trouble then you should immediately change the device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Re: Questionable "Hardware Issue or Software issue" "Return Key" doesn't work we

Tanzim:

I visitied the AT&T store yesterday, the Representative "said" it really didnt appear as though there is something wrong.

It is a "Push Sensitive Key" how can it be broken  "Sometimes"?

PS thank you for your help!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ItsaRaid wrote:

It is a "Push Sensitive Key" how can it be broken  "Sometimes"?

Really, if it doesn't work correctly, return the device for one that does. How long have you had the current one?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

JSanders:

Thank You for your quick attention: Ive had the 9700 for less than a week- it appears I have several issues of whiich I posted here in the community and hope I get answers-

The return key: I was looking for the Blackberry Maps, went to about, applications, 3rd party, and saw they were there, I pushed the reurn key several times BEFORE it finally backtracked for me. It appears more sensitive in certain areas and thats why I assumed its a software and not actual Button Problem/

For Instance: Home screen, Menu key, all icons show, go to set-up, and then hit the return key, it works instantly- There are certain areas on the Blackberry 9700, where the key is "Sluggish" requiring an extra push or a push and hold-

I posted under Blackberry Messenger that the Barcode does not show when I send someone a instant message even though it shows next to my ID, Ive heard from several others that they have the same problems and heard this is a bug in the software.

thank you

Larry