Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

talktoibb2
My Device: Blackberry8520

Re: RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

After clicking finish on the loader page. it wouldn't connect to my device otherwise it keep writing:

Application loader could not connect to your device. there might not be any blackberry device software installed on the device.

if your device is working disconnect then reconnect your device and click retry. otherwise, your device data will not be backed up.

if your device is not working. click ignore to continue loading software.

so i clicked ignore. but it hanged at 311 of 541

So please can you tell me what to do.

Will be waiting for your responds

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmucoz
My Device: Curve 8520

552 turned into 311. Possible solution...

[ Edited ]

oh wow.. that sucks.. i didnt have that problem.. id suggest you to retry, and if it doesnt work because there isnt anything on your phone. Download the OS from here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/devices/#tab_tab_update

And use the loader. When it asks you what you wanna install go to browse and select the archive you just downloaded from the link above.

Tell me if it worked! Good luck! And sorry for the delay

"I might be no expert, but I'll sure find the solution"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmucoz

Re: RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't Start my BB now

[ Edited ]

dmucoz wrote:

dmucoz wrote:

I had the same problem with my Curve 8520. I found This solution and It worked perfectly! http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Guys, here's the thing:

The first time It happened To me I did It the way I already posted, but This time (the second) I couldn't work It out that way. So I looked at several tutorials but.. Nothing. So I kind of improvised my own way. Before you follow It I must highlight that I only had To try It This way because the other way couldn't work. IT WILL MASTER RESET YOUR DEVICE, ALL YOUR DATA (INFORMATION, CONTACTS, PICTURES, VIDEOS, MUSIC, ETC.) WILL BE LOST. Be sure its your very last resort and you already Tried several times the way I posted above.

I CANT GARANTEE IT WORKS ON A MAC, I SUPOSE IT DOES SINCE THERES NO NEED TO GO "OUTSIDE" THE DESKTOP MANAGER. The solution above does NOT work on a MAC.

Note: This might take up To an hour so be patient.

1. Connect your blackberry while on the "Reload Software: 552" screen.

2. Start desktop manager (I used v6 bundle 47)

3. Click on the bottom To the right corner where says "Disconnected"

4. It will open a window saying, basically, "can not Connect" and It will have three buttons at the bottom: retry, update, close. (do NOT pay attention To the message above the buttons)

5. Click on "Update"

6. After a few seconds, or even a minute, It will say that there is no new software found (This assuming you have the latest OS, v5.). It will also has a button that says "View other versions" or "View older versions" (its the long button on the left corner at the bottom), Click on It.

7. It will show you the version 4.6, Click on "accept", "download" or "install" whatever the button that doesn't say "close"or "cancel" is.

8. Leave It until finished. It will seem like Nothing happened after its done but nevermind It.

9. Redo step 3, 4 and 5.

10. This time It will say that It found the latest software, the OS 5. ONCE AGAIN, THIS WILL MASTER RESET YOUR BLACKBERRY, EVERYTHING IN IT WILL BE LOST, I HOPE YOU HAVE A RECENT BACK-UP. If YOU are AWARE Of that and YOU still WANT To GO ON Install It. (After that, the program will tell you what To do; It will guide you through the rest Of the process).

Note: Your reboot screen will change for a black screen with the BlackBerry logo and a white bar under It, don't freak out. (I kind of like It better thus). On PC, you will have To run the "Loader" (Found in c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader  or  c:/program files x86  on 64bit OS) To load applications, unfortunately It will only load the basic ones.

HINT: If It doesn't work with the battery on, (after plugged) pull the battery out and wait until the LED red light turns on, the program will recognize It automatically but after recognized DO NOT FORGET To put the BATTERY BACK IN.

Good Luck!:smileywink:

Im very glad I can help other people with the same issue, trust me, I know how It feels To have a "nuked", "bricked" or (my personal favorite) {word filter avoidance} " blackberry for over 24 hours.

Sorry for any spelling mistake, Im really tired.

Lydia.. Heres how to.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmucoz

hannahpeet wrote:

hi, i had to restore my blackberry curve 8520 via apploader.exe on program files as my device manager wasnt picking up my phone, everything worked fine and my phones back on, however its a different version to the one i had on my bb before and ive lost a few things like appworld and my games etc help!!!

I warned you hahaha. I know it sucks, there is no other way. Im sorry.

I'd suggest you to back it up regularly.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmucoz

vikasj007 wrote:

Hi,

I have tried all the mentioned steps but I seem to be encountering a different problem.

I used the desktop manager v6:

When I click on update, it shows that no updates are available, but there is no button which reads 'view older versions'. 

I uninstalled it and used desktop manager v5:

Again after running application loader, and updating, it still says that there are no updates available, but again does not show me any older versions (any versions whatsoever).

So I am unable to update my phone even with an older version.

What do I do now???

You must download the OS directly from the site. I posted it below.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nidhalhadiji
My Device: 8900 curve

Re: Detailed instructions on how to get this issue resolved. Re: Detailed instructions on how to get this issue resolved.RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

I am stuck at step 6, the desktop software does nor recognize my deveice :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmucoz

Re: Detailed instructions on how to get this issue resolved. Re: Detailed instructions on how to get this issue resolved.RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

whats on your devicescreen?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nidhalhadiji
My Device: 8900 curve

Thanks for help, it'e a rela nightmare! 

In step 6 it's the same message that reapperes...

Please use plain text.
mahmudissa
My Device: Bold 9000

When i have install some downloaded softwere then aroun tringle with red dot appeared. Some time later I have seen on the Bold 9000 screen showing that " Reload softwere 552" then nothing is working, even I can't turn off. After that I have removed the battary and put it back, the same thing appeared " Reload softwere 552". Nothing is working. Please tell me what to do? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
jidesp
My Device: 8900

whenever you have issues like this.. first thing you should do is start your Desktop manager Application Loader > Start > Delete irrelivant softwares u dont need from your fone..belive me you dont need to reinstall ur OS before it boots back up

Please use plain text.