Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jordanmanning
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: me

Re: RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

okay people i really need some help, this reload software 552 thing i realyl dont get and ive tried to follow the instructions on here but im so lost, need some basic steps any help?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daness
My Device: blackberry curve-8520
My Carrier: medical student

hey !!

i've already follow the step, but i forgot something, i didn't take the battery off !!!!

and the task still in downloaded....how about that ? what will it be???

pleaseee..pleasee help me.....:robotsad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daness
My Device: blackberry curve-8520
My Carrier: medical student

Re: Detailed instructions on how to get this issue resolved. Re: Detailed instructions on how to get this issue resolved.RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't start my BB now

thx a lot imvp4man !!!!

my bee-chan (bb) is ON again !!

thanks to you a lot !! XD

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmucoz
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telcel

I had the same problem with my Curve 8520. I found this solution and it worked perfectly! http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

"I might be no expert, but I'll sure find the solution"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmucoz
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telcel

Re: RELOAD SOFTWARE: 552 problem. Can't Start my BB now

dmucoz wrote:

I had the same problem with my Curve 8520. I found This solution and It worked perfectly! http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Guys, here's the thing:

The first time It happened To me I did It the way I already posted, but This time (the second) I couldn't work It out that way. So I looked at several tutorials but.. Nothing. So I kind of improvised my own way. Before you follow It I must highlight that I only had To try It This way because the other way couldn't work. IT WILL MASTER RESET YOUR DEVICE, ALL YOUR DATA (INFORMATION, CONTACTS, PICTURES, VIDEOS, MUSIC, ETC.) WILL BE LOST. Be sure its your very last resort and you already Tried several times the way I posted above.

I CANT GARANTEE IT WORKS ON A MAC, I SUPOSE IT DOES SINCE THERES NO NEED TO GO "OUTSIDE" THE DESKTOP MANAGER. The solution above does NOT work on a MAC.

Note: This might take up To an hour so be patient.

1. Connect your blackberry while on the "Reload Software: 552" screen.

2. Start desktop manager (I used v6 bundle 47)

3. Click on the bottom To the right corner where says "Disconnected"

4. It will open a window saying, basically, "can not Connect" and It will have three buttons at the bottom: retry, update, close. (do NOT pay attention To the message above the buttons)

5. Click on "Update"

6. After a few seconds, or even a minute, It will say that there is no new software found (This assuming you have the latest OS, v5.). It will also has a button that says "View other versions" or "View older versions" (its the long button on the left corner at the bottom), Click on It.

7. It will show you the version 4.6, Click on "accept", "download" or "install" whatever the button that doesn't say "close"or "cancel" is.

8. Leave It until finished. It will seem like Nothing happened after its done but nevermind It.

9. Redo step 3, 4 and 5.

10. This time It will say that It found the latest software, the OS 5. ONCE AGAIN, THIS WILL MASTER RESET YOUR BLACKBERRY, EVERYTHING IN IT WILL BE LOST, I HOPE YOU HAVE A RECENT BACK-UP. If YOU are AWARE Of that and YOU still WANT To GO ON Install It. (After that, the program will tell you what To do; It will guide you through the rest Of the process).

Note: Your reboot screen will change for a black screen with the BlackBerry logo and a white bar under It, don't freak out. (I kind of like It better thus). On PC, you will have To run the "Loader" (Found in c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader  or  c:/program files x86  on 64bit OS) To load applications, unfortunately It will only load the basic ones.

HINT: If It doesn't work with the battery on, (after plugged) pull the battery out and wait until the LED red light turns on, the program will recognize It automatically but after recognized DO NOT FORGET To put the BATTERY BACK IN.

Good Luck!:smileywink:

Im very glad I can help other people with the same issue, trust me, I know how It feels To have a "nuked", "bricked" or (my personal favorite) "F***ed" blackberry for over 24 hours.

Sorry for any spelling mistake, Im really tired.

"I might be no expert, but I'll sure find the solution"
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
FA1SGL
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Our beloved BBs are genuinely and at times uniquely quirky. What works in one instance might not in the next. You might following the same procedure, however your BB is not "precisely" the same.
Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
georgebex
My Device: 8520

how did u make the desktop manager recognise ur BB? i need serious help here

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Don't use Desktop Manager. Use Loader.exe found in c:\program files÷xommon files\researfh in motion\apploader.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
georgebex
My Device: 8520

i;m doing it now. but i had to remove de battery for it to work n put it back. am i on the right track?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Yupi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.