Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
jbclancy13
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 will not turn on - on an infinite reboot loop!

I have 2 BB Bold 9780's (luckily).  The first one I tried to use kept getting the error messages when I tried to download freebies from BB App World.  Then I got it going again and put it aside with all the software I like still intact.  I figured it was a weak device.  I switched to the other and now every time I load all the software I still want on it (Im not maxing it out), I get caught in reboot.  It has happened about 7 times in 2 weeks now.  Any help here?  Is there a way that I can back up all my newer apps so everytime I have to go through the "switch devices" procedure, I do not have to reorganize and update all of my desired applications on the device manager?  Help me please!! - Jennifer

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 will not turn on - on an infinite reboot loop!

Hi jbclancy13,

Does the rebooting happen only when you are transferring applications via the Switch Device Wizard? To rule out any software issue that could be causing your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone to reboot, please try to back up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further steps, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U
Please test to make sure the rebooting issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.