Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900

Re: Device had a problem connecting to the server

Hi

I depend a lot on my mobile phone in doing my business and day to day emails and schedules, that was the main reason behind buying a new Bold 9900, unfortunately since I got the new phone I'm facing problems with connection and failure to register to the server, while my colleagues are using the same service provider but deferent phone sets and they have no such problems like I have.

Moreover, my business requires that I travel to new cities frequently and I need to save locations in where I travel, and unfortunately my 9900 couldn't start the bbmaps in the right time in many cases. I tried to load google maps since sending bbmaps marked places requires the other party to have a Blackberry but never succeeded.

Accordingly I request you to inform me if I can rectify my 9900 with the following issues or I need to choose a deferent phone since I can't afford to live with such defects:

1. How to overcome the frequent server connection failure???
  2. How can I install google maps???
  3. How to avoid frequent battery removal for restarting the handset??

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Device had a problem connecting to the server

Hi and Welcome to the Community...and apologies for the delay in reply...hopefully you have already resolved these issues, but just in case!

First -- please note that this site is a user-to-user community of volunteers. It is not a formal support channel with RIM...formal support is available solely via your formal support channel (normally your mobile service provider, authorized service center, or original place of purchase).

That out of the way...let's continue shall we!

You were not clear as to if you are on BES or not...if you are on BES, then stop now and seek support from your BES admins as they control everything. If you are not on BES, then what follows might be helpful to your situation.

eyadahmad wrote:

How to overcome the frequent server connection failure???

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

eyadahmad wrote:

How can I install google maps???

Unfortunately, all you said about your attempt to install Google Maps was that it "never succeeded". Sadly, that's just too little information to attempt any diagnosis, especially at an internet distance. Can you perhaps expand on exactly the steps you tried and exactly the result of each step? If there were any error messages, the complete and exact content of those would be most helpful indeed!

eyadahmad wrote:

How to avoid frequent battery removal for restarting the handset??

Unfortunately, unless I missed it, this is the complete description you provided about this particular issue. As such, it as well is too little information to enable any useful guesswork. Consequently, more details are requested...e.g., frequency of needing to reboot, symptoms prompting your need to reboot, etc. Note also that the batt-pull method of rebooting is the cleanest method that there is...all others are less "clean" in what they do during the reboot cycle.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code