Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Globe Tel
Accepted Solution

Re: Introduction

hey guys. i'm a newbie blackberry bold owner.

i have a problem registering my BB. i'm using a prepaid sim card by the way. i've tried, many times, everything the user's starting guide tells me to regarding registering my device. and i can't create an email because the option "create a personal email" is absent in my BB. can you please tell me which thread i should go to for help? thank you :smileywink:

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi!

The selection to create a personal email is contingent upon having The BlackBerry Data Plan on your account...if you don't have it, you don't get data-related options (of which email is). You should check with whoever sold you the prepaid SIM and ensure that it includes The BlackBerry Data Plan (note...not a generic data plan, The BlackBerry Data Plan). If it is indeed included, then try these things:

1) Register your HRT. From the Homescreen:

• Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which, if any, line item is selected) > Register Now

You should receive a confirmation message.

2) Resend your service Books:

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

If those things don't work, return to the beginning because you probably don't have The BlackBerry Data Plan...

Good luck and let us know!

Cheers!

PS -- since you have a bold, this is a good forum...there are other possibilities, but this is fine. Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Globe Tel

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying.

The prepaid sim card i'm using doesn't have a Blackberry Data Plan. I have already tried registering my device using HRT. It doesn't do anything, prob'ly because i don't have The BB Data Plan. I will check with my local service provider if it's available for prepaid users.

Next up, Resend Service Books. There are 2 ways to accomplish it. One, have it sent to my BB smartphone but i can't do this because i can't add my existing email. I don't have the EMAIL SETTINGS icon, can't find it, not in Setup Folder or Home Screen. It simply is nonexistent. I looked in Setup Folder, Email Setup- only gives me one choice: i want to use a work email account- asking me for an enterprise activation password, which i don't have. It should have another choice for personal email, but it only has that one.

Second, go to the BB internet service and log in. I can't do this either. I have no account because each time i try to create one, a warning pops up, telling me about how my device is unregistered and if i go through with it i might end up with a BB with reduced services.

I can't add my existing personal email because there's no option for it. I can't create an account in BB internet service because i couldn't register my device, hence, i can't resend the service books. I don't have a BB data plan -- this one i'm gonna look into. It might hold the key.

Thank you for your time and again for replying. will keep you updated. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by ivy-blues on 08-18-2009 07:02 AM
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

The BB Data Plan is indeed the key. Without it, you can't register a BIS account, which is how you configure personal emails (the web interface and the BB Email Setup Icon are indeed simply two paths into the same system...your BIS hosted by your carrier). The Enterprise option is there because it is possible to have that without the BB Data Plan...but one must have the BB Enterprise Plan, which is a whole different world (BES). So, yes, without The BB Data Plan, nothing I've suggested will work...so you are on the right path with inquiring to your carrier.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9630 Smartphone
My Carrier: Nextel Communications

Hi! I'm a newbie here. I hope I could learn a lot in this forum since I'm a new user of BlackBerry. Thanks.

Visitor
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: glo ng

hi guys! am new to this forum.....i use a bb bold 2(9700) and considering buying a 9930 but a friend who is currently using it keeps complaining of having a problem of flashing red light after which the phone stops working. What could be responsible for this? Thank you.