10-18-2008 01:32 AM
If you haven't upgraded yet to the latest 162 software, then you probably should. In the upgrade process, you will be able to select additional languages (including Chinese).
Here is a link to the upgrade process:
I had the same problem as you did but with the Arabic language instead. I upgraded and selected to install the Arabic language and now it's displaying the Arabic language properly.
I hope this helps you too.
10-18-2008 04:38 AM
It is not working. I am running window vista, and not with Rogers. I follow the the procedure below.
I deleted the file Vendor.xml as advised below. NOW, IT HAS "Vendor 10/10/2008 10.14 XML Document in Apploader after download. I think this is a new file.
There is no pop up of upgrade even I click Application loader.
There is a box pops up from blackberry for crash. What should I do next?
Note - If you are NOT with rogers. You can still upgrade without a problem... but BEFORE step 5, head to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
And DELETE the file: Vendor.xml
Then continue to step 6 and you will be fine.
For Rogers Blackberry Bold Users:
1) Head to this website:
2) Choose Blackberry Bold 9000 Software from the drop-down menu.
3) Click "Download this software" at the bottom of the page.
4) Answer the required information, then click next to begin downloading the software.
5) Make sure you do not have Desktop Manager open, OR your blackberry plugged in, then launch the software you just downloaded. Just go through the install process, it should be pretty straight forward.
6) Once the software has been installed, launch Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your Bold via USB.
7) When Desktop Manager starts, it SHOULD detect new software then ask you to upgrade. If it does - click yes, and go ahead! It will take about 30 minutes.
8) If there is NO popup asking to upgrade, just click Application Loader, and that should trigger the software upgrade.
10-18-2008 12:11 PM
Do you have the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager applications? The latest version now is v4.6. If not, go to the link below:
If you do have the latest Desktop Manager, then you might want to consider re-installing it (make sure you uninstall first).
Also, try to re-install the v18.104.22.168 OS software you downloaded (again, make sure you uninstall it first).
There shouldn't be a problem with upgrading your device if you have both Desktop Manager and the latest 162 installed.
I am just thinking out loud here, but have you checked if you already have the latest OS on your device?
10-18-2008 01:17 PM
I just noticed another user who had a similar issue and got it solved. Here is a link to his thread:
10-18-2008 02:02 PM
Hi. I had a similar problem with the Greek Language. I downloaded a Multilingual OS from a Greek operator (that I was sure it will have support for the Greek language) from here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/dow
Now for th installation of the OS I have found very useful and very descriptive this article from CrackBerry http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/proper-upgrade-dow