Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Dairees567
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile
Accepted Solution

Really Stuck and need help guys!

Ok so heres my problem, My sister gave me her blackberry 9900 as shes got the new iphone.

So heres where my problems began,

I put my sim card in her phone and turned it on,

Then up came the blackberry id so i clicked sign out and it said that as the sim card had changed id need to do a wipe, so it told me type the words blackberry to wipe it which is what i did, 

So after where it said "Please wait while your device is being wiped" or something along those lines it went to a white screen and did nothing for like 5 mins so i decided to take the battery out and put it back in to see if that would work, I pressed the power button and the word Blackberry with the blackberry sign came up and the little white loading bar at the bottom, and after the white loading line at the bottom had finised it went to a white screen again, only this time with a percentage thing, when it hit 100% it went off and reloaded to the part where again the blackberry word and sign are there and the white loading line at the bottom and now it does move from that page, well what it does exactly is after finishing loading (white line goes all the way up) it goes to a black screen and then does the same thing over and over again the blackberry word and white line at the bottom loads and then it goes off and does the same thing over and over again,

So i read a couple of peoples posts and read to plug it in to the pc and load Blackberry desktop manager which i have done and it recognises the phone but on the desktop manager up come "blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device" i clicked update, then repair but nothing happens just goes back to not communicating with the phone all the while the phone is doing the same **bleep** thing blackberry word with the sign next to it, loading bar at the bottom goes full and then restarts and does the same thing over and over again!!

Please help guys!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Really Stuck and need help guys!

Hi Dairees567

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Wiping our device may  takes time, you should have waited for a few more time and also if the device has a media card and encryption has been enabled on it then it somtime takes hour to wipe the device. As now the device is struck .So  please remove any media card from the device and as that device is not recognize by desktop software you had to  use Application loader to force the detection of our device to load the OS.Look at this kNowledge Base and follow the instruction :

KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

Please try it and let us know .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dairees567
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

It's done I did that and it automatically updated the phone and it works perfectly now, thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Dairee567

That's great..enjoy your BlackBerry.:smileyvery-happy:

Prince

Please use plain text.