Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kprell
My Device: Bold 9900

Rebooting randomly

My blackberry bold 9900 randomly reboots and I cannot seem to determine a root cause.  The only applications that I have installed outside of the factory installed are iHeart Radio and Google Maps.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
paolorodriguez
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Re: Rebooting randomly

I'd really suggest taking it back to T-Mobile and have their technician look into it.

Sounds like you have a hardware problem for repair or replacement!

Like all my posts, and mark them as the solution if it solved your problem.

My Website: Paolo Rodriguez

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

kprell wrote :

My blackberry bold 9900 randomly reboots and I cannot seem to determine a root cause.  The only applications that I have installed outside of the factory installed are iHeart Radio and Google Maps.  Any suggestions?

Hi kprell

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

As you mentioned you don't have any third party applications apart from iHeart and Google Maps , So have you tried removing your Media Card from the device to see if that help ? Also you can try to boot your device on Safe Mode then run it for a few hours and monitor if device reboots within that period . It will help us to know if the problem is because of any 3rd party applications or the device OS or its an hardware.Go through this KB :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kprell

I backed up my device and reset to factory settings and it still rebooted.  I'm now on replacement phone #4 as of yesterday and so far it has not rebooted yet.  I purchased a new media card at the same time I bought this phone so it has not been in any other phone but this one but I will take it out anyway to do a test.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kprell

Tonight I made a call to my voice mail and when I pressed the key to end the call, my phone rebooted again.  There is no media card in the phone so I'm ruling that out as the cause of this issue. 

The folks at TMobile indicated there are no other reports of this issue but I find that hard to believe since it's been very consistant across all 4 replacement phone including the one I originally purchased.  Not to mention it's all over this blog. 

I would be willing to have blackberry install a logging utility on the phone to help troubleshoot this issue.  If there is someone at blackberry I can work with to resolve the issue, please let me know as I like the phone, except for the random reboots and SIM toolkit issue of course :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kprell

I've moved over to working on my phone in safe mode to see if the issue surfaces again and will let you know tomorrow.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi kprell

As I already suggested testing on Safe Mode because reset to factory setting does not fix the rebooting problem if its because of corrupt device OS . As you had already reset your device if your devices does not reboot on safe mode simply reloading the device OS might solve the problem but if it reboot on safe mode also then the next step will be to use some third party software like JLcmdr  to wipe the device and Install a fresh OS pack on your device. For further Instruction you can follow this :  How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? 

Please try it and let us know if you face any problem.

Prince

Please use plain text.