Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
stillwater
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Reconcile Calendar and Contacts

Is there a way to reconcile my calendar and contacts with my outlook. For some reason I have 5 more appointments in my Outlook 03 than the device and 9 more contacts in Outlook '03 than the device. I am using Desktop Manager V. 4.6.0.13 with Outlook '03 and BB Bold. Thank-you.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Reconcile Calendar and Contacts

They should reconcile if you have your SYNC settings entered correctly, but let me tell you that, for instance, the Outlook Contacts could contain a group in Outlook which will not sync to the BB... that could be the difference in the number for the Contacts. For the calendar, I am not certain.

One method would be to make sure your Outlook is completely updated, and delete the calendar and address book database on the BB, then completely resync Outlook to the BB.

If you are having errors in your Calendar or Address Book on your BlackBerry, and you wish to delete the entire Calendar (or Address Book) database on your BlackBerry, follow the directions below. Make certain you have a good copy of your Calendar or Contacts elsewhere, as this procedure will complete delete ALL Calendar entries and/or Address Book entries on your BlackBerry.

1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pain is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases.

3. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (or your Calendar database) and click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left. This will copy the information over and prepare it for back-up.

4. Once the back-up has completed, hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire address book database (or Calendar database).

5. After it's finished, it will ask you if you want to save the back-up you've created, say yes and check the device to make sure the address book (or calendar) has been properly cleared out. Now, resync the necessary contact information and you should be set to go.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
stillwater

Thank-you for suggestion however I had done this when the problem 1st occurred with RIM on the phone. That was about 30 days ago now I see the calendar and contacts are out of balance again more in Outlook 03 than the device I wonder what is causing this and then how to fix it? Any more suggestions.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Re-read the first paragraph of my response above.. that is one reason.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
stillwater

That is is I do have 3 groups set up in my Outlook and that is the difference. As far as my calendar goes I am not sure just really odd I have had more problems with the calendar for some reason and I think we may have changed the settings in the set up with the Desktop manager to only sync future appointments because of all of the problems I had previously so something may have gotten missed. I first noticed this however when someone sent me an appointment and I accepted it on my BB I wonder if that had something to do with it.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

True that, you can sync a certain range of appointments to the BB, so you might have more in Outlook than on the BB.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.