Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shellyloewenstein
My Device: 9700

Recover a deleted text message

hi and thanks much in advance

I have just deleted an important text message.

It was not saved on the SIM card and was not backuped before.

Is there a way to recover it?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,846
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Recover a deleted text message

Nope, deleted is deleted.

Sorry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

There is an app that has come in very useful called Fixmo tools that has a load of mini application like Memory monitor that let's you know when your close to a preset memory limit, Battery watch which tells you your battery status etc but it also has one called Sms recovery which keeps a secure record of all sent and received sms messages so if you delete one by accident, you go into sms, press menu button, scroll to Sms recovery, choose the one you want and it puts it in your Messages folder! I can't remember if it will find the one you just deleted, but if not, it could be handy for future! Fixmo also has another mini app in this set called Undelete which is kinda like a computer recycling bin where it stores any deleted memos, tasks, emails etc for a limited time (usually a day) before deleting them. It is £8.29 ($9.99) burt does come with a free trial. I think it would be worth installing, even just for the free 7 day trial, as it does come in handy!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00

*just search Fixmo in bb app world search and it should come up first time! The picture is red background with some white cogs!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shellyloewenstein

thanks

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00

No problem
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shellyloewenstein

Thank you so much Bunga :smileyhappy:

I was not able to do as you said, as the files are Jad files and I was not able to open them...but thanks for your try. 

I am so sad as I need this text message so badly

Thanks again for your time

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00

Oh I have no idea what that is, as when I downloaded it it was just an app with mini apps inside! Sorry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Beeline
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Here is a simple, cut-and-dried method for recovering deleted SMS text messages that I, personally, could not find elsewhere:

1. Go to the Search function (Menu > Magnifying-glass icon), select 'Messages' and/or 'Encrypted Messages' (highlight the item and then click it, or press Space or Enter), then enter the search terms per the associated text and/or sender name related to your deleted SMS messages, and then run the search (Menu > Search).

2. Your deleted messages should be included in list of the Search Results window, if your current memory is still intact and has not since been cleared of its cache (e.g. by battery removal), overwritten, nor reformatted (this may also relate to the Purged SMS folder). You may expand a compressed list item ('+'-sign adjacent) by selecting it as above.

3. You then may either save the selected message intact from the displayed list (Note: linked messages must be saved separately and individually) to a memory/folder location of your choice, or open and browse the listed message(s), and then copy-and-paste the relevant text to your desired medium, and/or save the intact message as above.

I hope others will find this helpful.

Please use plain text.
uptome
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

is there any way to get all text mesages?  Not just ones containg the search word or name?

Please use plain text.