Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Kgedeon100
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: 3478090061

Recovering my backup files to restore my blackberry

While Verizon was working on getting my blackberry bold 9650 fixed(they said it was a 50/50 chance of getting it fixed), I tried to open the backup file I had on a program called MagicBerry to get contacts that i needed. However, this program only accepts .ipd. I looked at the forums online they suggested just renaming the file name from (.bbb) to (.ipd). I did just that. But that didn't work for MagicBerry because it just produced a bunch of nonsensical characters.

When I finally got my blackberry fixed, I changed the file back from (.ipd) to (.bbb). I went to Desktop Manager to restore the backup file to my phone, however it hasn't detected a file under My Documents\Blackberry\Backup.

Could the fact that I changed the file .bbb to ipd. and back again couldve permanently damaged the file? Is there anyway I can restore/fix the file?

The file is currently labeled (BlackBerry Bold 9650 (09-20-2012)-1.bbb). The files inside are Databases, Manifest, and Pkginfo

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Recovering my backup files to restore my blackberry

Are you using the same version of BlackBerry Desktop Software that you used to create the backup?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kgedeon100
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: 3478090061

I am. I'm using the same version.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Changing the file type shouldn't have hurt anything unless the Magicberry app changed the file in some other way.

Make sure that you have the file types showing on your pc. Open the folder with your backup file in it. Click on "Tools" at the top and go to Folder Options. Under View make sure that "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked. Make sure the file has the correct .bbb file type.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karenmillares
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Try Blackberry Backup Extractor to extract BBB backups.

Please use plain text.