Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Recurring issues with BlackBerry Bold OS

Hello,

Over the past month or so I have been having recurring issues with the OS on my BlackBerry Bold 9780. The issues are as following;

• My device will occasionally perform a hard reset at random times throughout the day, I will generally notice this when I check my device as it will be asking me for the security pin to unlock my sim card, which indicates to me it has been reset; I have also witnessed it resetting when taking it from my pocket.
    • My device fails to be located as a device on multiple PC's; it will simple go to charging mode. BlackBerry Desktop will also be unable to locate the device when plugged in.

I have previously resolved this issue by reinstalling the devices OS; however this appears to only be a temporary fix as I am now experiencing the same problem; if I had to guess the period of time between reinstalling the OS and the problem recurring, I would say 3 weeks.

Device info 

My carrier: Vodafone (?)

Model info and OS version: BlackBerry Bold 9780, OS 6.0 Bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236)

Apps and free space

Free space: 239.8 MD (No SD card).

Battery pull performed multiple times over a number of weeks.

Apps installed and their version if possible. 

My Vodafone v 1.3

Natwest Mobile Banking v 2.2

Blackberry App World v 4.3.0.32 

Photo Editor - Free v 3.1

WhatsApp Messenger v 2.9.5725

Texas Hold'Em King 2 v 2.3.1

YouTube v 1.0.0.40

BlackBerry Messenger v 7.0.1.23

BlackBerry Maps v 6.0.0.32

Documents To Go v 2.0005.096

BlackBerry Application Center v 6.0.0

BlackBerry Identity v 6.3.0.14

BST v 1.2

Email Setup v 6.11.0327.0327

Password Keeper v 6.0.0

Wireless Music Sync 1.1.0.5

Thanks in advance for any help resolving this problem,

Dan 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Recurring issues with BlackBerry Bold OS

Hey Dan,
I am also a user of the bold 9780 and recommend u to update your os to 6.0.0.756...it is available by vodafone spain...I hope this solves ur problem..