Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ac101
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Red Light Constantly Flashing

Hi there, 

I did a search through some of the past red light problems, but couldn't find this exact situation. 

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700, and this problem only just began today. After updating the Blackberry App World software and rebooting the device, the red light began flashing as soon as the phone turned back on even though there were no new notifications, and no updates required. I tried switching a few things on and off, but it had no affect. So I performed a battery pull and it solved the problem...until I received an email on my device, and the light would not turn off after I read the email. 

Red light is still continuously flashing. Is there anything else I can do? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ac101

Re: Red Light Constantly Flashing

Bump.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MadGamer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi there,

With your Blackberry Device powered ON, remove the battery for 15 seconds then replace and see if that solves the issue.

New Contributor
ac101

I've already tried a battery pull and it doesn't fix the issue. 

The problem has actually changed: it is no longer necessarily constant, but the red light will begin flashing without any notifications, updates, messages, etc. It'll just start flashing, and will flash continuously for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, until it either just stops or a real notification is received. When that one is checked, it will shut off for a while. 

Please use plain text.