Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
cheksa
My Device: 9000

Re: Red light flashes 4 times and wont turn on

@ adurbe, XP dont recognise the device at all. all i see is standard enhanced pci to usb host controller

(2times), standard openhcd usb host controller(2times), usb composite device(2times) usb mass storage device(2times), usb root hub(4times). 

tthe only place i saw something relating to rim is in the port(com & LPT) and its RIM Virtual Serial Port v2(COM31) and RIM Virtual Serial Port  v2(COM32).

please knidly assisit me because im very worried here.

Thanks once again for ur concern.

Contributor
adurbe
My Device: Bold 9000

by the sounds of it your system is actually recognising the device.  This means you have the drivers installed ;-)

If you refer back to my previous instructions you dont want the blackberry desktop software installed.  Make sure you fully uninstall it and it drivers then repeat the steps previously laid out.

tbh you might find it quicker to try it on a different xp machine *or virtual machine* and follow the steps from scratch. (it can take ages t fully uninstall all the bits if you dont know where everything is)

New Contributor
cheksa

@adurbe thanks once again for your help.

anyway i unistalled every related blackberry software. i installed on the device manager software and did as u instructed but it gave me this message after it has checked for my device  

" A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again."

i also checked my device manager, i still could not see under USB options or window "RIM" but i saw them under Ports options or window just like i posted the last time. Please advice.

thank you

New Contributor
ren15
My Device: Not Specified

You're a GENIUS! My sisters phone had the same 4 blinking light problem and I first did the loader as you said. It kept freezing at one point because the device wouldn't connect but i did notice that when i plugged it out and back in, it would connect for a few seconds (and i mean few).

It finally and miraculously connected long enough for the loader to finish loading then that 507 error came up. I think i ran the loader a second time and then used desktop manager to do an update an thats when the blackberry start up screen started loading. Now os 6 is on it (used 5.0 in loader first).

It's up and running, hopefully it won't go down before her replacement phone comes.

Yasmin123
My Device: blacberry bold 9000

Hey can someone help step by step 

I have this important meeting tomorrow

Please what should I do when my blackberry 9000 died and it blinks 4 time 

i try putting it in the wall plug but nothing :smileysad:

Developer
hmeister

My 9700 was doing this - 4 Blinks - I replaced the battery with a known good and the device booted. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
rashidnk
My Device: bold 9000

i have the very same problem, i tried change battery with other bb9000, but not working,, what should i do?
Visitor
LiyahNicholas
My Device: Blackberry bold 9000

whats the xp ?

Contributor
Mohamed_Mahmoud
My Device: Z10

I have the same problem, did you fix yours?

Thanks

LauraLouise11
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520

i was updating my phone with Blackberry Desktop Software and accidently knocked my usb wire out of my phone, now the phone will not switch on but flashes red twice then a pause then twice again ect... my usb will not connect to pc now, (nothing wrong with usb, have tried two different ones) im not good with all this techniqle stuff, can anybody help!? thanks