Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
novamonkey
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Reformatting BB Bold to Factory Settings

I installed some medical software on my BB Bold and now I do not have any application memory free so my BB is working very slowly.  I've deleted all the excess applications and language support as recommended on the BB website, I also deleted some games and movies thinking that would help, before realizing that those are not saved in the application memory.

I would now like to reformat my BB back to the factory settings.  How can I do that?  Also, when I do that will it reinstall the games and videos that were on it when I purchased the Bold?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Reformatting BB Bold to Factory Settings

This post may help free up some more memory:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-optimize-your-bb-setup-max-memo...

You can wipe the device by going to Options >Security Options >General Settings >Menu key >Wipe Handheld.  That will remove all data from the device.  It won't re-add anything you may have deleted though.  If you want to reload your OS and start over from scratch, follow the instructions here:

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

You can find the latest OS out there for the Bold here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/151071-latest-os-bold-9000-4-6-0...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
novamonkey

Thank you VERY much John_Clark.  Your post was very helpful.  I managed to wipe my BB clean and install the new OS and applications. 

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
noconcentrate

Absolutely awesome!

Massive thanks to everyone concerned.

Certainly got me around my Uncaught Exception nonsense problem and a big Foxtrot Oscar [trying to keep it clean!] to the biggest oxymoron in the world, namely O2's [UK] "Help & Support" resource.

Cheers all

James

Please use plain text.
taracat14
My Device: Bold 9780

Please is this done via your phone - because my screen has gone white and I cannot see anything, can I do this from my PC? Please can you email me taracat14@gmail.com will really appreciate it.
Please use plain text.