Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Rejecting PIN asking to enter "blackberry"

im on my 6th BlackBerry 8520curve in 14 months Ive been upgraded 2wice.i on payASgo do u want to no how?all to do with passwords+10atempts
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

alright so its the password on the divice how would you find that, im on 10/10 rght now on my 9700 someone help me asap !:

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

were would u find the device password on a 9700, im on 10,10 right now terrible?  help?!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ianmcbarrel wrote:

were would u find the device password on a 9700, im on 10,10 right now terrible?  help?!

Only the person who created the password can know the password. If that was you, then only you can know it. If that was not you, then you need to find the person who it was. Again, there is no back door password. There is no list of the password. It is highly secure...any display of the password or backdoor password would be in contradiction to the level of security that we enjoy with BBs.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I've been using my 9700 for almost two years now. Always the same lock code. But yesterday it stopped accepting my passcode and now I'm on my 8th try before everything is wiped out =/ I'm very sure I entered the correct password (based on my almost 2 years same unlock sequence and 9700 un-masked the password after 5th try) And I took out the battery several times to reset it too.

I googled it and saw many people having the same issue. But no work around to unlock the device.

Anyone have suggestion?

Thanks

Hall of Famer II

Hello -- one thing to try. If you have ever tethered to your PC, then do so now and enter the correct password via the PC keyboard. The counter for password attempts is the same regardless of entry on the device or via PC keyboard when tethered.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

Yes. the desktop software sync did the trick! I'm traveling abroad with an iPad. So it was a bit of hassle to find a PC that I can install the desktop manager software. Unlocked it successfuly, then create a data backup in my cloud space.

Hall of Famer II

Excellent! What that tells me is that the keys you are pressing when you attempt to unlock on the BB keyboard are not sending the characters you expect. Some key modifier (e.g., alt, caps, etc.) is in place changing them from what you expect. When you try again on your BB, watch closely...each character should briefly show you the clear text before changing to an *. That may help you to identify what key modifications are in place so as to change them back to what they need to be for successful password entry.

Good luck!

New Contributor

I'm pretty sure I entered the same password. My lock password is just simple "gggg". I don't think anyone will mistype that   After 5 failed tries, BB even un-mask the asterisk to make sure I entered the correct password. But re-sync with the desktop manager and tried with the same password works again. So there must be a bug in Blackberry OS that causes this issue for many users out there.

I also noticed many people who have this problem haven't sync their device for awhile. I haven't sync my BB over a year already. So this could be the reason why suddenly the password doesn't work while people who regularly sync their BB have no problem.

RIM can say this is a "security feature" if they liked to, but I'm not going to wait for that answer. I'll switch to iPone 5 at the end of the year when my contract is up! 

Visitor
My Device: blackberry bold - broken

I am having the same problem. However, as I just recently got my blackberry working again a few months ago from a friend so that I would not lose all my pics, data, etc as I did not have them saved (the phone had already been sent in & replaced less than 6mos earlier & I could not risk losing pics from my Grandfather's 90th birthday party esp since he passed three mos later). It is no saying I am typing in the wrong password & now am up to the tenth attempt! It asks me to type "blackberry" first.....please help! I think the password I remember is all numbers, however it doesn't seem to be working unless I am supposed to hit the alt key? PLEASE HELP ME!