Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
BobZorunkle
My Device: Bold 9650

Removing Some of the Choices from "Home" Screen - "All", "Favorites", "Media", "Downloads", and "Frequent"

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. Apparently I'm not the only one who would like to get rid of some of the options on the "Home" screen - the "All", "Favorites", Media", "Downloads" and "Frequent" selections located above various groups of icons. Is there a way to remove these choices so that you just have "All" ? or perhaps "All" and "Frequent" or "Favorites"? It is very irritating to have to keep scrolling through these options.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Removing Some of the Choices from "Home" Screen - "All", "Favorites", "Media", "Downloads", and "Frequent"

No, not currently, those tabs are standard and can't be edited or removed. I, too, am hoping those become optional in the future.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BobZorunkle
My Device: Bold 9650

Re: Removing Some of the Choices from "Home" Screen - "All", "Favorites", "Media", "Downloads", and "Frequent"

Thanks, .....I guess. But it would be nice if someone from RIM could explain why they did this. Why do you need Favorites + Frequent + Downloads + Media? Really dumb!!! And set up so you can't even change it? Really irritating!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dogmatooth
My Device: Torch 9800

I bet RIM never explained nor have they fixed it. Can it be any surprise that they are losing market share?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

dogmatooth wrote:
I bet RIM never explained nor have they fixed it. Can it be any surprise that they are losing market share?

Yes, they did. Bet you don't ask before speaking, either?

The upgraded OSs allow removing or hiding of all but the ALL tab.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dogmatooth

In that case, you lose the bet.  Of course I asked, but answer got I none.  Despite searching on the forums, all I found were requests that this be possible.

I am grateful for you for pointing out that "the upgraded OSs" allow this to be done.  However my BB tells me it is fully up to date.  What are these upgraded OSs and how do I get them?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You chose to post in a year old thread.

How about being nice around here?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dogmatooth

Pleeeeze, what are the upgraded OSs that you mention and how do I get them? Thanks.
Please use plain text.