Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bloblaw
My Device: Not Specified

Removing "recent pages" from browser

So, I just love my Bold except for one thing.  I can't remove recent pages from the browser.

I can remove the history, I can go to options/privacy and security and remove passwords/history/cookies/cache/pushed content  but nowhere does it say how to remove recent pages from the browser.

Assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

OS6Critic
My Device: 9780

Re: Removing "recent pages" from browser

Prior to clearing passwords/history/cookies/cache/pushed content the 'Recent Pages' item is shown in the full menu.  Close the browser and then re-open it so you are on your home page.  Go to Options and clear passwords/history/cookies/cache/pushed content.  Then, immediately close the browser - do not use the 'Back' button to exit, just bring up your menu and select Close.  You may need to do this twice to get back to your home screen.  Then, when you re-open the browser, the Recent Pages item should be gone from your menu.

Also, under v6 of the OS, there is a hidden 'trash' folder.  Even when your clear passwords/history/cookies/cache/pushed content, the items are still in the hidden folder and not erased from your history.   After you clear them, pull the battery while still in the Options menu to get them to be truly deleted.

Tech support recommends you pull the battery every 2-3 days if you want to clear this folder.

jeffloop
My Device: Bold 9700

I can't even seem to find the "Privacy and Security" section mentioned in the user manual.  Help?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

What exactly do you mean by 'recent pages'?  OS6Critic's advice should clear everything from your browser cache, leaving nothing. 

Could you try his/her advice or expand on what you're saying to us, please.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.