Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Replaced Blackberry 9000--not receiving email or hiding it where I can't find it

I just got a replacement blackberry today for a faulty battery.  My tech guy helped me do a wireless download of my contacts etc from our server. So far so good.  Then the emails stoped.  I see the red light and the number at the top indicating there is an unread email but the email is not on the blackberry.  Likewise when I send a message from my blackberry it gets to receiver but there is no record on my blackberry of the sent message.  The phone works fine and texting works.  I know this is some button on the activating button.  I have tried to re-activate it to no avail. 

Thanks so much for any help!

Jane

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Replaced Blackberry 9000--not receiving email or hiding it where I can't find it

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Go to the message queue and under general options you have the options to

hide sent and hide filed messages. You mentioned a server. Do you have a filter that

would save your messages in folders automatically.

in the message queue,menu key select search folders. Check each folder.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks   

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Replaced Blackberry 9000--not receiving email or hiding it where I can't find it

If you cannot find any trace of the emails go to options, advanced options and click on

Host Routing Tables. Highlight (do NOT click)menu key select register now.

Wait for the activation message. The go to email setup and send service books.

Make sure you get one for each email account. Then:

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.

Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks 

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you so much!!!  I followed your instructions and am getting new messages now.  Yea!