Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ikrnr
My Device: Not Specified

Replacement Bold 9700 Problem

[ Edited ]

My Bold 9000 became practically unusable due to the scrolling ball problem, and I have been putting off sending it off for repair because I thought I could last till due an upgrade - I'd find it hard to manage without getting emails to me directly for a week or too, however, my dad came home one day with an old (but new) Blackberry 9700 from his company.

I've wiped the device, and started to set up my email to find that it only has an option for setting up an enterprise email - so I look online and find that this means the device isn't registered with BIS - I then try and create an account on the vodafone BIS website, but, after finding the PIN and IMEI, tells me I can't do this through the html browser and to do it through the device -  I go onto the 9700's browser and it comes up with "This is a WI-FI service, please ensure your device has an active WI-FI connection and try again."

What can I do?

[edit]

Just tried to change default browser configuration from Hotspot Browser to Internet Browser via Options, and the Option of Internet Browser isn't there, only Hotspot

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models

Re: Replacement Bold 9700 Problem

[ Edited ]

I think there are may be IT Policy which must be removed.

It can be done by BBSAK programm.

Do not forget to backup your device if possible, but with restore be careful, restore only needed information AddBook SMS Messages, but for no any case Options or etc...

BBSAK (if needed) - BBSAK web page

in BBSAK  click on button "Factory reset" and when it will be finished and your device restart try to configure.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alexsmth114
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Storm 2

(

I think there are may be IT Policy which must be removed.

It can be done by BBSAK programm.

Do not forget to backup your device if possible, but with restore be careful, restore only needed information AddBook SMS Messages, but for no any case Options or etc...

BBSAK (if needed) - BBSAK web page

in BBSAK  click on button "Factory reset" and when it will be finished and your device restart try to configure.

) Good accurate solution!!..

http://www.techwench.com
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ikrnr

Successfully managed to remove the IT Policy (Ended up doing it a different way via CMD but it was down to you that I knew to remove it all the same) 

However, its still not linked up to the Blackberry Internet Service - even though I can use my SIM in my old BB just fine.

I tried registering online again, and put the site into my BB Browser (Browser is now "Vodafone Live!"), on computer it says that the process can't be done on computer but to try it on my mobile device, and on my phone the website doesn't work?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV

I believe that all issue from IT policy.

if you have some needed information - Backup it. 

try to fully wipe device bay BBSAK (Factory Reset then Wipe Device, it must reboot and give error 507, which mean that in device no OS)

then LOAD OS - befor it download latest OS, delete Vendor file, disconnect from internet your PC.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ikrnr

Had to register the Host Routing Table, everything is now working - BIS transfered from old device to new.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV

Ok. easiest way not always visible :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ikrnr

Had to remove the IT Policy anyway, that was just the next step in the puzzle :smileywink:

Please use plain text.