Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Wind

Reset Loop

[ Edited ]

I've got a BB Bold 9700 that seems to be in the "reset loop". About a week ago the phone would start randomly shutting off. Then 3 days ago the thing just died, the red led light would intermittently go on and off. I've read all the forums and I think I've tried the following:

• BB Desktop software - click repair, goes through but gets stuck on connecting to device
  • BB App Loader - went through command prompt and did /nojvm, still gets stuck on "Connecting to JVM", retry buttong doesn't work. I tried putting the battery in at various points and it still doesn't work. I also did the USB: Unknown trick, that doesn't work either. I tried loading the most updated OS as well as a previous OS, both don't work
  • JL_Cmder 1.9.3 - doesn't connect, pressing wipe does nothing. Event log says "unable to open port".
  • BBSAK - doesn't detect phone. Tried this with DM open and off(including all RIM processes)
  • I ordered a new battery off Ebay, this has no effect and the device does the same thing.

Currently, when I plug the phone in to a wall with no battery it shows a white screen with a vertical no battery sign, I think this means that a previous OS is sitting on the phone as before I tried to load the previous OS the no battery screen was black.

Some of the previous posts have links for if JL CMDER doesn't work, however these led to a faulty site, 500 error I think. Does anybody have instructions or a current link for this, or any other options for that matter?

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Re: Reset Loop

That no battery indicator usually requires an overnight battery charge. I would try charging in a wall charger or with an external battery charger. 

If you can get it powered on again, then I'm thinking... You said that it still has an operating system on it. You also said that you tried wiping it with BBSAK. How about wiping it using the wipe option in the security options. I don't have an OS7 device with me at the moment, but I'm sure it's in the security area of the device options.

Twitter: @sheldonbk
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Wind

Re: Reset Loop

I cant access the OS. What I meant is that when my device went down, the no battery indicator was a black screen with a horizontal battery. When I tried to load an old OS the no battery screen changed to a white screen with a vertical battery. Im taking this to mean that theold OS I loaded went onto the device, however I still can't turn it on.

I'll try charging the battery though.