Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
nadeauc
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Resetting of BlackBerry ID is failing

I have been trying to reset my BlackBerry ID - I'm putting a valid username but the email to reset never arrives at the email address?  I have tried several times both from the phone and online.  Nothing.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Resetting of BlackBerry ID is failing

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For security reasons, that password reset email is NOT delivered to the BB. You must use other means to access that email account and retrieve that email in order to conduct the reset.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nadeauc
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

As mentioned the reset email is not coming to the phone or to the webmail account.  It arrived in the online email 2 hours after the password reset was submitted.  

It appears this is a pain for many people but based on this it looks like you just need to wait for 2 hours or so to get the reset email.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Ahhh...I did not understand, from your original post, that it had not arrived to your WebMail interface either.

Given all of the problems folks are having with the release of BBM 7, it does not surprise me that there is a delay with processing the password reset requests. Thank you though...yours is the first that has confirmed this condition, so the information will be quite useful to others I am sure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.