Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

Resetting problem

Hi

I've just received a 9000 as an upgrade from Vodafone

Fantastic phone except for one problem., even the slightest pressure on the back of it causes it to reboot, i.e putting it down gently on the desk

Battery connections seem clean and in place but if you take the back off and just tap gently on the battery, it's enough to cause a restart

Given how long it takes to restart, that's very frustrating

Any logical solution before I send it back to Vodafone?

Many thanks

Mark

Re: Resetting problem

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Seeing as how it 's brand new, I would take it back for another.

I hate getting something that requires a fix right out of the box,

It's not a normal condition.

Thanks,

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks  

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Thanks for welcome Smiley Happy

I've placed a bit of card at the top of the battery as suggested and that seems to have had instant suiccess

I know I should send it back anyway, I'm just in two minds because I've spent an age setting it all up how I like and not sure I can be bothered to do it all over again

Will decide over the weekend depending on whether problem reoccurs

My Device: Bold 9000

I also have a Bold 9000 bought in Australia 3 weeks ago. It is a great phone but hangs a bit too often for my liking. It was most noticeable when I move between roaming carriers, in particular when I move from a T-Mobile cell to an AT&T cell. It does not appear to be related to a loose batters or any physical issue, more likely a buggy early release of the software. Does anyone know how often RIM release software upgrades. This is my first BB device.

Also is there a reboot button anywhere. I am learning to know when a reboot is imminent and would rather do it at a time convenient to me.

asg
Visitor

Just got the Bold 9000 and took it on a test run from Boston to Paris. The 523 reset error first appeared at the lounge in Boston when I noticed that it had switched from TMobile to ATT. I also got resets in Paris when the signals were too weak and I was trying to use WiFi features to access the airline website. (I am still having problems connecting to WiFi - even at home after turning off my network security)

Other than these annoying incidents I like the phone enough to give it a little more time. Perhaps Rim will have an OS update soon.

Highlighted
Contributor

Ive had similar problems although i dont think its to do with the battery. It just randomly reboots itself.