Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Mellow_Sparky
My Device: Bold 9650

Resetting (wiping) a Blackberry Bold...

Hi...

I'd like to sell my Bold 9650 (Verizon). I removed the SIM card and went through the process I found on this forum to wipe the device (Security Settings, Wipe, etc)... Everything worked great ... the phone is completely clean.. except...

When I navigate to the "Phone" icon and select it, the screen still says:

"My Number:" and then it shows the former number of the phone.

Everything else is completely reset, but it still shows my old number. Is there something I should do to clear that?

Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Re: Resetting (wiping) a Blackberry Bold...

Mellow_Sparky wrote:

Hi...

I'd like to sell my Bold 9650 (Verizon). I removed the SIM card and went through the process I found on this forum to wipe the device (Security Settings, Wipe, etc)... Everything worked great ... the phone is completely clean.. except...

When I navigate to the "Phone" icon and select it, the screen still says:

"My Number:" and then it shows the former number of the phone.

Everything else is completely reset, but it still shows my old number. Is there something I should do to clear that?

Hi Mellow_Sparky,

Please reset your BlackBerry to factory settings. Read this article.

How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Or you can also reload your OS. Read this article too.

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor
Mellow_Sparky
My Device: Bold 9650

Thanks so much for the quick response. Looks like this will probably work.

One more question if you don't mind... where/how do I install BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.7 to 5.0.1? It looks like that's a required program to perform the factory reset...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Actually, I must interject here...please refer to this KB:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

To properly prepare your BB for sale, there are many more steps than merely wiping it...

Mellow_Sparky wrote:

One more question if you don't mind... where/how do I install BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.7 to 5.0.1? It looks like that's a required program to perform the factory reset...

You do not need older Desktop Software versions...ResetToFactory can be conducted with any Desktop Software version. Rather, what you must have, also installed to your PC, is the BB OS package that matches what is presently running on your BB:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code