Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile / o2

Restarts itself

today I got my new BlackBerry 9900. 

The phone restarts suddenly itself. I can't really work with it, because it restarts continuously. Even if I just look at the menu. ..

Please help me 

My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Restarts itself

Hey Reeny,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If the BlackBerry is reseting constantly, you will need to reload the software by force detection.  Follow the steps in this article to resolve the issue: http://t.co/UMdcrn5

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

I had this problem for approx 48 hrs. After backing up then purging the phone and reloading the latest software, the problem was still there. Then I went looking for others with the same problem, here and Crackberry. After considering the suggestions of others I pulled the battery out and reinserted it after 30 seconds or so, with the phone switched on. Then I removed Facebook and the Twitter (for twits) icons. Nearly 24 hours later the phone is still behaving itself.  Removing and reinserting the battery with the phone turned on must be the same as kicking it in the guts. From what I read, Facebook may be a problem in the 9900. Otherwise, a magnificent business tool.

My Device: BlackBerry 9530
My Carrier: MTN Uganda

It usually behaves like that when you are running the most current version of the OS. Try a lower version.
It worked for me on my BB 9530
My Device: Torch 9860

Hey. I want to ask something. It's about my blackberry. My blackberry is a torch 9860. Sometimes after I used it for bbm and sending text messages continuously, not a long time after that it restarts by itself. Why is this problem occurs in my blackberry? My blackberry currently run OS7.1 bundle 1646