Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jocagon
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Movistar
Accepted Solution

Restore different backup files

Hi!! I restored my bbprotect files today after upgrading my OS. I accidentally restored an old file. Now I'm trying to restore the latest file I have in the cloud but when following the steps, there is only one file (the one that was created after the installation of BBprotect).

PLEASE  HELP ME, I need to restore the file that was created on the 31 of December, otherwise I'll be losing like 100 contacts. 

1. In the BlackBerry® Protect™ application on your device, click the Restore From Back-up icon.
  2. Click the device that you want to restore data from.
  3. Click the date of the back-up file that you want to restore.
  4. Select the check box for each type of data that you want to restore.
  5. Click Next.
  6. Type the password for your BlackBerry® ID account.
  7. Click Start Restore.

THANKS!!!

JA

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Restore different backup files

Hi there,

Try going to http://blackberry.com/protect on your computer. Log in using your BlackBerry ID, then go to the "My Data" tab. All of the backups that are associated with your BlackBerry will be listed there. Is the most recent backup there? If not, then I'm assuming that when you restored the older backup, it automatically cleared the more recent backups as it assumed you didn't want the most recent info.

If this is the case, is there any chance you also did a backup on your computer? If so, I'd restore the data using the backup your Desktop Software created. (Note: your phone would have been backed up automatically via the Desktop Software if you used the Desktop Software for the update).

I hope this info will help out, and good luck getting your more recent backup restored!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jocagon

I'm trying with a downgrade and then an upgrade, so it will hopefully show the complete list of backup files. All the files are listed at bbprotect web. 

Tell you if this works!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jocagon

I don't understand, until yesterday my bbprotect account had 5 files (31/07; 31/12; 04/01; 04;01; 04/01) and now the file I needed (31/12) is not there. I hate that BB has not support assistance, it can't be possible that the older file is still there and the newer gets deleted. 

:Censored: *&^%$# BB!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jocagon

Now the solution!!!!

I did downgraded the phone and then upgraded it again. When I opened BBprotect, it showed 3 backup files (I think the last backup is also saved in the phone memory, that's why you can't select the file after restoring a file or creating a new backup file). 

I did not have luck retrieving all my contacts backuped the 31st of December, but you will be able to if you follow the steps:

1. Upgrade your phone OS

2. Install BBprotect

3. Select Backup, and select the CORRECT file. 

If you for some reason select a wrong file, then:

1. Downgrade your OS

2. Upgrade to the last one (by doing this the backup file in the memory is erased)

3. Install BBprotect

4. Select backup, and select the CORRECT file.

Be sure to stop any backup, because it will delete the older ones. 

Hope you don't have this kind of trouble!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks for providing the info jocagon!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.