Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

mjw0808
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Rhapsody App on Bold Issues

I recently engaged in a back and forth email chain with music service Rhapsody in regards to the problems I was having with running their app on my Bold. 

Here’s what I told them:

I've noticed quite a few issues with this app. I notice that the app often freezes especially if plugged into the charger. The app also has display problems from time to time. For instance scrolling through menus often makes the screen jump back and forth. It pauses halfway through every song and has to be restarted. Basically it doesn't do anything except mess up.

This was their response:

This is a recurring problem seen on many Blackberry devices and is independent of Rhapsody. Some users have resolved the issue by launching the Voice Dialing app on the phone, waiting for the app to fully initialize, and exiting the app to free the device media processor. If this does not work, we recommend doing a battery pull by shutting the phone down, removing the battery then placing the battery back in the phone and powering the phone back on. If the solution doesn't work. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Rhapsody application on Blackberry device.

As you can see they are basically pinning the app's problems on RIM. None of their suggestions worked so I canceled the service.

My question is whether their assertion that their apps problems are your fault is true and if so what is going to be done about? Hopefully a resolution is on the horizon, I'm really missing my tunes.

ebeattie
My Device: 9300 Curve

Re: Rhapsody App on Bold Issues

There is a way to have Rhapsody on your phone.  We have two differnet types of Blackberries and had the same issue so I feel your pain.  First turn your MTP OFF.  This is in a different location on each phone but just search for your memory options under options.  Mine is simply a check box that you uncheck.  Next, if you have Blackberry software installed on your computer, change the settings so that it does NOT start automatically when you connect your phone.  You do not want the software on at all while trying to connect to Rhapsody.  Thirdly, when you do connect your phone to your computer through your USB, choose the sync-only setting, not the charge setting or USB settings.  Then Rhapsody should recognize your phone and you should see it pop up on your Rhapsody screen, usually under Rhapsody Music Guide, My Library....Lots of steps with trial and error but this is what it took to get it to work.  Good Luck