Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ringer settings

I have a Bold 9000 with the ringer settings on normal. For some reason, the phone only rings once for an incoming call but vibrates the specified 3 times. I miss a lot of calls this way. 

I could be very blind, but isnt there a way to change how many times an incoming call will ring?

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Ringer settings

two possible points to consider:

the first: you're using long (heavy from memory point of view) ringrones.

When someone calls you he get long beeps on its phone and he is thinking that your phone is already ringing, but not. Your phone just started to load your long and heavy ringtone. When caller heard 7-th beep in his phone he decides that you're not home or you're busy, but your phone just loaded your ringtone and started playing. And caller disconnects. So, you've heard only 1-second ring from your phone.

the second:

Perhaps your wireless providers has setting for incoming calls, if a calling person does not respond for a certain period of time - then the call has to be dropped.

Your issue can occur because of one of aforecited ways or may be a combination of these ways.