Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MichaelConnelly
My Device: Blackberry Bold 2013
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Ringtone Issue

Dear all

I have recently started a brand new Blackberry Bold, having used an older model Blackberry (without hassle) for the past 6 years. 

I am having difficulty with the ringtone at the moment, in that I have selected one of the standard ringtones (Classic Phone Remix), but when someone calls my phone, the actual ringtone itself will only ring once. I don't mean that it rings once and goes to voicemail. Rather, I only hear the ring once, then the phone goes on vibrating silently for 20 or so seconds. I can't seem to make the ringtone actually ring more than once so that I can hear it more than once. I've changed it to the Assured tone, which rings twice, but is not much better. 

I personally can't stand the other options for ringtones (am a bit of a traditionalist), and would be quite happy with the sound of Classic or Assured repeating itself, just like an ordinary landline telephone would.

I realise this might seem like an odd request. Can anyone advise on how I might be able to do that?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Ringtone Issue

Unless that's the way the ringtone is set up (which is unlikely), it could be a software issue.  Let's start with the first step to take when troubleshooting software problems, a baterry pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Let us know if that does the trick.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MichaelConnelly
My Device: Blackberry Bold 2013
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Thanks for your response. 

Unfortunately, I tried your suggestion but it did not fix the problem.

I am sure it is a settings problem that I can't seem to figure out!

The other ringtones (Adventurous, Evolving, Spirit) all play out their respective tunes for 10 seconds or so, compared to Classic which is literally 1 x 1.5 second ringtone, and that's it. 

I welcome any other suggestions!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Unless you've got some app that's botching the ringtone somehow, there really are no other settings you could play with.  My family's asleep right now, otherwise I'd give the ringtone a try on my end to see if that's the way it's set up (for only one ring then vibrating).

I'll have a go at it later.  Sorry I can't help you more at the moment.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
diffused
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

One other thing you might try. Call your carrier and have them extend the ringtone for a longer duration. Mine was the same way a several years ago and with every upgrade it still works (30 seconds).
~diffused
Z10, OS - 10.1.0.2151
Verizon
Please use plain text.