Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Ringtones and Notification Options for Phone SMS text

I am having trouble locating the notification profile area (as instructed in the guidebook) on my BOLD in order to change the ringtone for phone and the notification options for calls and texts in and out of the holster.  I go to Options application but there is no subsection for phone or SMS texts and not even in the Advanced Options section.  As I recall, I was able to make these changes in the Profiles application under the Advanced subsection...but not on the BOLD. In addition, I somehow erased my Phone Icon application when I was hiding and rearranging my icons.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Ringtones and Notification Options for Phone SMS text

Go to menu, profiles,scroll down to advanced, press in normal ( or wich one is active ), and you have the chance for change the ringtones for phone, sms text, mails and more.

For the phone Icon, switch between themes (menu, options, themes, and switch to another one, and made the same to put the ones you are using ) and check if you have the item on screen, (you dont need the phone icon, press the green key and is exactly the same function)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Yes, that did it for me!  Many thanks as I wasnt going in the advanced area before clicking on the normal profile.  Yes, I do have the phone icon when I press option for other applications and have been making calls with the green phone button.  I was just concerned that I needed that app to access the ringtone changes.

Is there any way to set my email so that I get my texts in that function (like my old curve) instead of having a separate application for SMS texts?  Many thanks!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Go to Messages, Options, General Options,Separate Email and SMS Inboxes, press on combinated, and move the sms icon , or hide it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Worked like a charm!  Many thanks for all your help.