Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

(Romanized) Japanese Input

I am a loyal BB user with a Bold 9930 (Verizon Wireless). Until yesterday, my Japanese input function was working fine, but once I updated my OS (?), I can still read Japanese e-mail, but can no longer input Japanese. For the life of me, I can't remember how I installed the East Asia pack. Where can I find the pack that contains Japanese? All I can find is either "Asia" or "All Languages" (latter does not include Japanese). This is the most frustrating part of being a BB user; I know that iPhone users don't have this problem! Please help.

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Re: (Romanized) Japanese Input

Hi..

Dear You Can Add the Language from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager . Please follow the below link

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=42F49902A626F1CEBEEB0E6EAF1005B2?...

But for doing that the Version of the BB Desktop manager and the BB device should be the same. Or else it will not list the Application on the BB Desktop software ..

Thanks

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
New Contributor

Thank you for the advice; however, my carrier's (Verizon Wireless) version of the "AllLang" Device Software does not include Japanese input method. This is nothing new; VZW has never supported it. So, when I first got my 9300, I installed another carrier's Device Software (I vaguely rememeber that the pack contained "EastAsian" in its name), and it had been working just fine until now.

If I can locate the right Device Software that includes Romanized Japanese input method, I know how to install it, but that's my problem: I can't find the Device Software!

New Contributor

I have to retract my previous statement. The "AllLang" pack does contain Japanese input; however, in my experience, I could not load the input app via Desktop Software. Instead, find "Loader.exe" in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

and use that to add Japanese input to the device. I was able to get back Japanese input capability this way.