Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Rove Mobile Admin client Java Error when attempting to connect to server

Getting error when attempting to connect to Rove server via Rove Mobile Admin version 4.2.6075 on Blackberry 9700 OS (app version) 5.0.0.586. Error in question is "Unknown error java.lang.RuntimeException: pushModalScreen called by a non-event thread". Downloaded the client off of the company's server. Attempted running latest version of Rove Mobile Admin client which I downloaded off of Blackberry App World, however that gave me an error saying that the client version did not match with the server version. Have also attempted a re-install as well as a battery pull.

Visitor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Rove Mobile Admin client Java Error when attempting to connect to server

Hi Sashko,

This issue is a known issue with Mobile Admin 4.2.x, and it has been fixed in versions 5.0 and newer of Rove Mobile Admin.

You'll first need to download the latest Rove Mobile Admin Server, which is available when you sign into the Rove Support Portal at:

http://www.roveit.com/support

Once the newest server version is installed, you can install the client software on your handheld OTA from the Mobile Admin server, or via BlackBerry App World.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Re: Rove Mobile Admin client Java Error when attempting to connect to server

Interestingly enough, the manufacturer mentioned the same thing. I've asked my colleague who is responsible for taking care of the server, so he is going to upgrade it and I'll let you know if that helped once I've upgraded my client to match the server.