Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

debserleigh
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Rubbish phone

Renewed my contract Jan2013. The sales woman at MTN Woodlands Boulevard recommended the 9900 Bold. Within 7 days I had to return the phone as the battery ran down in less than 2 hours. That was after I made sure there are no apps running in the background. There was no replacement phone and had to wait a few days. I have had nothing but trouble with this phone. Initially the phone just rebooted unexpectedly and randomly. Then it wouldn’t go on at all. Took it to MTN and they were very unhelpful.  Told me they can send it in but doubt it can be fixed and I had to pay for it. This 3 weeks after I got the phone. I took it to an independent repair man. It went in 4 times.  I still have problems.  The repairman opened the phone the first time I took it he asked if anyone had worked on the phone as the seal was broken. What does that tell you? My phone reboots, I charge it and show full battery, but within 5 minutes it reboots and shows 1% battery. It’s a rubbish phone, MTN is the worst. I have been with MTN for 15 years and never missed a payment or paid late. Blackberry and MTN have no clue what customer care is. Yes I have reported it to Blackberry as well.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rosebags
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

Re: Rubbish phone

Dude... leave MTN and try someone else
i would threaten to sue them for the money back or report them to the authorities (not sure if they have any in SA)
This is a forum for helping people with small issues with the Phone, not a place to vent about the cell provider....
Good luck
Please use plain text.
debserleigh

More disgusted with Blackberry as they have wiped their butts off on the problem.  As soon as my contract is up i will migrate to another service provider.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

First of all, if you're having issues with the phone, feel free to vent in these forums; through your venting we can find out what the problem is.
The Bold 9900 is a fine piece of machinery which has some issues going on with it. Luckily, most of these issues can be resolved.

I'm going to suggest you reload your OS. To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software. Click Device at the top of the software then click Restore. Choose the most recent restore point and load it.

Try that and report back with your progress. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
debserleigh

Hi, I have done that 3 weeks ago.  For a week and a half my phone was fine - then it started again, the rebooting, showing 1% battery when it has been on charge for 12 or more hours.  I also removed all applications/games from my phone as I initially thought that could be the problem that one of the apps are running in the background and chowing the battery.  That made no difference in the least.  I clear my log once a week, make sure my apps are closed.  Now you understand my frustration??

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rosebags
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

yup...
Please use plain text.
hopemotuel
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have nothing but issues with this model. I live blackberry and so asked to upgrade early with Vodafone and they told me no they could send it off. I have sent this phone off in the past and it will be fine literally for a day or two then the issues come back, randomly freezes and have it do a hard reset to make it move again. Touch screen stops working. Battery life runs out in an hour in my bag whilst I'm working. Keypad buttons randomly stop working. I have been stranded in places before with no way to contact anyone because the battery has died within a day if me barely using it. My network provider no longer will even sell this model, and neither do most of them due to it's notoriously high levels of issues. All I wish to do is upgrade to the q10 as I have heard nothing but good reviews if that model, even being told by some shoo assistants that the bold 9900 is so bad that blackberry noted the issues as ensured none of them occur with the q10 .. My dad has the same phone and he has all the same issues as me so I know it isn't just my handset. I'm not one to complain I am really not, but in my opinion, a phone with this many issues is giving blackberry a bad name, losing customers that haven't been swayed by htc, Sony, iPhone in the past, I believe a recall is in order, or at least acknowledgment that it is a terrible phone and inform providers to allow early upgrades where wished. I love blackberry and refuse to leave the male, but am getting more and more disappointed.
Please use plain text.