Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Finnerup
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

SIM card full after only 10 SMS messages

I just received my BB 9000 and took my old SIM card and placed it in the BB.

On the SIM-card was a few SMS-messages (the sim-card is only 5 days old) and at first the BB seemed to work fine. After received very few SMS'es I was introduced with an error-message saying that the SIM-card was full and that I should delete SMS-messages to make room for new ones.

..after only 10 SMS'es?

I've checked Options -> Memory, but it doesn't say anything about memory usage on the SIM-card and the other figures indicates that the BB itself of course has lots of room/memory left.

I don't feel like deleting SMS'es every 2 days.. Anyone has a good idea on how to check the actual memory status of the SIM-card?

Regards

Finnerup

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: SIM card full after only 10 SMS messages

Follow the below steps -

1. Options
  2. SMS Text
  3. Leave Messages On SIM Card: No

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
wetsetdiver50
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I had the same issue and did what you suggested before I read your post. Only problem is now I can not go back and review previous messages. Any way to dump all incoming SMS to  my SD card?

Thanks, Paul

Please use plain text.
A_blurvert
My Device: 3G 9300

Hi I've got the same problem on a Curve 3G 9300 - except I've looked at every option and there isn't one to turn saving the SMS onto the SIM off. Where are the options for this on this model please? I've had the phone for only a week so there's no way I could have exceeded the data size. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EEKS
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi,

My phone has the same problem. I was tinkering around in settings and stupidly turned on 'store sms on SIM'. About a day later it told me my SIM was full and I need to delete messages.

I turned off the 'store sms on SIM' option. I saved all of the SIM messages onto my phone/memory card and deleted all messages off my SIM card  (SMS SIM card Inbox is now empty).

However, the message is still appearing! How can I get rid of it??

Thanks

Please use plain text.