Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Sara_01
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 02

SIM not allowed!

My BB9780 works fine mostly, but sometimes I get a "SIM not allowed" on the screen and my signal strength meter says "SOS" (meaning I cannot make or recieve calls).

I did a search on the forums and found people saying that the sim needs changing, I got a new sim today and the message appeared again! Its pretty annoying as I'm having to pull the battery out and BB's take a while to load up, I've also had the software updated by 02.

So I'm pretty lost, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hamdani
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: MEP (0 left)

Re: SIM not allowed!

Goto Options, Sim Card, type MEPD, look your SIM status

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if your issue is resolved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sara_01

I don't have a sim card menu in my options, the only sim card options I have is sim card number, and phone number.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hamdani

in the menu option, just type "sim card"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if your issue is resolved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sara_01

I did that, the only thing in the sim card option is ID, and phone number, nothing that says mepd or sim status.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hamdani

type "M E P D" (capital letter) on Sim Card option..... until you see

SIM Disabled

Network Active

Network Subset Disabled

Service Provider Disable

Corporate Disable

if you get Network Active, contact your Vendor ID on your device (press alt+shift+H) to unlock your device.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sara_01

I've done that my vendor ID is 125. It says at the top of the menu to contact technical support if im having problems.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andy9852
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

HI!

I have the 9900 on Bell Mobility. The first day i got it it said "sim not provisioned: 2." i had no idea what this meant but the guy at the store said they just have to check the account and approve, it should work within 6 hours. Of course the next morning it wasnt working so i went back. They called headqaurters and got it all sorted out. And they tried a new sim and it worked! bring it back and talk to someone, it should fix it.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
blade_da_gr8
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Cell C

I bought my BB bold 9700 a year ago. 2 days ago it started giving me a supplementary service error:general error message. I followed instructions and got to the mepd entry where it brings up the sim menu where everything is disbaled. When I try to enter my mep-xxxxx-xxx number it does nothing. Can anyone please help me. I use a south african network
Please use plain text.