Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry - curve 8520
My Carrier: mtn ng

SMS/CONTACTS PROB.....

I earlier (Abt 1.30) , Posted this problem , abt my contacts not reflecting as display names in my Sms...... Anyone who knows how to solve this problem pls assist me. Pleeeeaaaaassssseeeee!!! ......tnk u.
New Contributor

Re: SMS/CONTACTS PROB.....

Jsanders or anyone pls help me out,.......any suggestions?
Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you have content protect or encryption set on your contacts in Options > Security?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I toggled wit 'em all. Eventually set it @ .....content compression>enabled, content protection> DISABLED, strength >strong, include contacts >NO...... I tried everything...... I even removed my battery for 10mins, put a diffrerent sim from a different network, then another sim from another network, then the same sim I was initially using. Still didn't make a difference. ..... The problem is, I have a lot of names and numbers in my contacts that are there witout the country code, and usually it works perfectly, wen I get an sms, all I see is the display name as entered in my contacts. But now its just country code/number , no names..... Its really fraustrasting cos within the last 24 hours I hav received tonnes and tonnes of sms' but have to write the numbers down and dial them normally to know who sent 'em......and when I try to highlight the numbers in the sms' and toggle btwn 'show name' and 'show address' it doesn't present me with the option to. When I save number, It gives me the option to wait or pause. That's odd, I know. I went thru all the threads and figured, if u don't know , then nobody knows. Cos u r the man, @least u r ahead of most .....pls sir, help me, am about to lose mre than you can imagine. Thank u.
Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't understand some points. You do have the country code set for those contacts?
What are your settings in the Call Log > Options > Smart Dialing?
Please be clear in answering.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Ok, a typical number (country code inclusive) looks like this : +2348031234567....... But usually, wen u get a local call or an sms it appears like this: 08031234567...... Now , most of my contacts are saved in the latter format. I.e without the country code. But my problem is, wether or not I hve the contact already stored in my phone, the sms' appear without a display name, and with the country code( the former format). The settings for my smart dialling are : country code> +234, area code>80, national number length>10.....all the other fields are blank. For call logging: show these call log types in message list>all calls............. To answer your 1st question clearly, I didn't save the contacts numbers with the country code..... The problem is still same. Waiting for your response sir. Thanks.