Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Cafo
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

SMS message sending error

My service provider has changed my handset and my sim card but I can rarely send sms messages.  The error message is "Short Message Transfer Rejected".  Why won't they go?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: SMS message sending error

1- Try resetting the device, with the phone turn on, take out the battery for 30 seconds and reinstall it again

2- Try resending the service book, log in on your carrier web page account, go to setup blackberry mail and click on service books.

3- Go again to the Store and change the sim card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cafo

I can't send SMS messages but I can reply to those sent to me.  I have (a) re-set the handset, (b) had the service books resent, (c) had a replacement handset, and (d) a brand new sim card.  I still can't send SMS messages! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Call your carrier Customer Service, and ask for the solution, if they can't fix, they transfer the call to a Rim Customer representative, let me know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cafo

Via Vodafone eForum, I was advised to drop the leading zero from my contacts telephone list.  This has solved the problem.  However, the same contacts list (with the leading zeros) worked fine for SMS sending on my previous Blackberry 8800.
Please use plain text.
igmarg

I had this problem too.  My phone was set-up to NOT display caller ID info for my outgoing calls.  I stored "*82" in front of the phone numbers I wanted to display my caller ID info.  When I tried SMS texts to phone numbers preceded by the *82 I got the error.  I have since removed the *82's from my phone book and use #31# to block my caller ID when necessary.
Please use plain text.
Jvett
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

I had the same problem, all i had to do was take my battery out for about 5 mins.. when i put it back in it worked fine..i tried taking it out for 30 secs.. but it didnt work had to be longer then that..

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Martineo
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Bell

I followed the advice given, to contact my Bell provider to solve the "short message transfer rejected" problem.  They simply got me to remove the battry, remove the SIM card, then put them back, and presto, problem solved.

Please use plain text.
mero060888
My Device: curve 8520

I just purchased a blackberry curve 8520. I am having the same problem that if someone texts me I can reply and I can also send a text to myself but I cannot compose a new sms and send to someone either by choosing a contact or manually writing their no, I tried the battery pull thing, did not work. None of my friends had this problem with their bb :smileysad: help pls?

Please use plain text.
BoydAshley
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: vodafone

I am having the same error as all of you, but with a weird twist..

1. I can send multi texts and they go through fine

2. when I send a text to my dad who uses an Iphone (long distance) it doesnt work, but he gets them if I send them to some one else @ the same time?

3. I can text all other numbers in my phone fine, except that one- why?

I get the same message as all of you, and I have called vodafone and they were useless! Kept saying check dialing codes- but the codes are obviously right, if he's getting other messages and calls! UGH Blackberry, fix this one!

Please use plain text.