Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

EEE
New Contributor
EEE
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

SMS problems - BB given in one continent to be used for SIM from other continent

Hi All,

I constantly travel between two continents (Europe and Africa).

I was just given a new BB 9000 in Africa. My previous phone, a BB Pearl, was also given to me a few months ago in Africa. I used my European SIM in it and it worked perfectly (phone + sms + email accounts).

I am currently in Africa and 've just transfered my European SIM to the new phone, the BB 9000. I've tested the phone function and it works (can call and receive calls).

However, I do not receive any SMS. If I click on the "setup" icon and proceed with the "Setup wizard" it tells me that "My account is now configured to work under PIN xxx" and asked me if I want to change PINs.

Is there any link there between the SMS failure and the PIN problem?

Likewise for emails?

Should I wait until I'm back in Europe before proceeding with any PIN or other major changes?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: SMS problems - BB given in one continent to be used for SIM from other continent

Are you using If you're facing difficulties with SMS then go to Options -> SMS Text -> Service Center: you need to put in your carrier's SMS service center no.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
EEE
New Contributor
EEE
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SMS problems - BB given in one continent to be used for SIM from other continent

Thanks a lot for your help!
Please use plain text.