Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
gellenb
My Device: Not Specified

SOS Problem

Looking for in depth information on SOS so I know where to push.

I have a BB Bold 9700 v6 with T-Mobile.  Over the last two years I have lost much of my AT&T Roaming, where now I only get SOS service.

T-Mobile says the phone is fine, and their network is fine, and it has to be a problem at AT&T.  T-Mobile say's they have a contract, and it should work here on AT&T towers.  Their response is to call AT&T...as a TMobile customer, and ask them to support it.  I tried that a while back, and AT&T would not even talk to me as I was not a customer.  I tried again today, and actually found someone at AT&T to help.

AT&T ran some diagnostics on their towers here, including the one by my house.  They can't find anything wrong, and they too have acknowledged that I should be able to use my TMobile phone on their network here.  But all I get is SOS service.  Their thoughts are it must be a problem at TMobile.

Are there any engineers out there that truly understand the process of provisioning service while roaming?  Whos systems where would make the decision to allow or deny a phone to roam on another network? 

T-Mobile and I spent a lot of time checking settings and running tests on my phone.  They state nothing is wrong with it.  It is possible that there is a setting that controls the roaming on the phone?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Retired
RoundBrown
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry 9360

Re: SOS Problem

[ Edited ]

Hello Gellenb,

Thanks for the post regarding your BlackBerry Bold smartphone.

Your Mobile Network is controlled by your Service Provider however, this article may provide more information on Network status indicator shows "SOS" on the BlackBerry smartphone KB03448 for some tips on how to address this issue. Please let us know how you make out.

-RoundBrown

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gellenb
My Device: Not Specified

So in your opinion, this would be a T-Mobile problem?

Just to clarify, I am a T-Mobile customer, and I am permitted to use AT&T's network, in the area I live.  This was confirmed by T-Mobile.  When I connect to the AT&T network, it goes from an "Antenna" symbol in the upper right corner, to 4 bars, then immediately to SOS.

T-Mobile is stating this isn't their problem, and that the problem is with AT&T, who says nothing is wrong with their network, and T-Mobile is refusing to return any of my calls at this time - as it isn't their problem.

Also, I have used the Blackberry desktop software to re-install the OS, without doing a backup.  Most everything was deleted in the process, which was somewhat expected, however, I was hoping to restore it to an "out of the box" status.  In any case, this has made no difference in the SOS problem.

T-Mobile is adamant that the problem is with AT&T.  They stated the phone is fine, and the SIM is fine.  Is there anything that I can get out of the phone that would provide any diagnostics to prove anything?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello,

The home network is the main reason if you'll have services or not. Have you tried the SIM with another phone? It could be possible if there is a conflict with some other data on the Blackberry, such as PIN, IMEI or other personal stuffs, to reject the phone from registering. 

Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.