Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BB BOLD 9930
My Carrier: VERIZON

SPAM

What's with the spam I'm receiving on my blackberry email account? Use account only business - no outside connect or contact. Has to be computer generated? How did "they" get unique ID I use?

Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: SPAM

wwynne wrote:

Use account only business - no outside connect or contact.

I don't understand what this means. You don't email anyone or use this email account for anything?

To help you understand spam, spammers will send email millions, billions of email accounts, anything they deem as a potential email account whether real or not. When their spambot machines determine an account is real and getting a 'delivered' message (rather than a 'no account exists' code), it will continue sending new spam.

You can filter than by keywords on your BlackBerry BIS account.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BB BOLD 9930
My Carrier: VERIZON

Thanks for timely response and apologies for confusing question. What I meant was, I have never made any contact with another email address other than certain business clients (I am NOT enterprise user) but I understand frfom your SPAM info, a spambot probably shot out my ID and I may have given the sender an indication of a "live" address. I wish blackberry could have the same spam filter ability as Gmail. So simple.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If this is a carrier address like @blackberry.verizon.net then you should move to another email address as those are going to be discontinued soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed. You'll find good spam control on an account with free, with outlook.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code