Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sigint
My Device: Not Specified

Saving contacts on SIM

Hello,

How do I save my Contacts on the SIM card as opposed to just on the phone itself?

Many Thanks.

A. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Saving contacts on SIM

Go to Address Book -> Menu -> SIM Phone Book -> Press Menu Button -> Select Copy All To Address Book
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Not sure if they changed it on the Bold, but on previous devices you could only do this one at a time. You would select a name, hit the menu button, and choose "Copy to SIM Phone Book". There is only a choice to copy everything from the SIM Card onto the Address Book.

If you're concerned about having a backup of the data check out my post here for how to make backups of the BlackBerry onto your computer. That way if anything were to happen to your phone you could always restore the data.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=NewBlackBerryUsers&thread.id=5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Yes, for sure, in my bold i have the chance to copy all the contacts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Looked like the OP was asking to go the other way - from the address book onto the SIM card. Is that a choice on the Bold? That's what I based my answer on.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Oh, no, in the other way (from contacts to sim card is impossible), only one at time like you write.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Oh ok. I didn't know if they made that change with the newer devices and OSs. Thanks   :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

I think is impossible to do it with the sim card capacity the carriers are handling wright now, what if i have 2200 contacts and i send all of them to the sim card, for sure you freeze the the sim
Please use plain text.