Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
spoonatte
My Device: 9700

Screen goes blank and freezes

Hi there,

I have a problem with my BlackBerry Bold 9700, somtimes it works ok for few mins and then goes blank (white screen ) and freezes.
So I googled about it and I found a solution that when I get this problem I should press on the lock/unlock button, and it worked. but it's a temporary solution, and after a while the problem keep showing.

So why I'm getting this problem, and could please help me to solve it.

Thanks.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Screen goes blank and freezes

[ Edited ]

There would appear to be something corrupt in your phone's OS.  Reload your OS using BlackBerry Desktop Software to correct this issue.

To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BDS.  Once your phone has connected to the software, click Device at the top of the software then click Restore.  Choose the most recent restore point and load it.  If this doesn't do the trick, there might be an app that's causing havoc.  In this case, go back to apps you've downloaded recently and delete one.  If nothing bad happens to your screen, that's probably the app causing the problems.  If the problem persists, delete another app and so on and so on....

Continue doing that until you find the culprit.  Before doing so, remember to do a backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software first.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
spoonatte

Okey, what about if I installed a new version of BlackBerry OS is it gonna solve my problem ?
JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
spoonatte

I'm afraid to tell you that I can't access to my BB for the moment, I'm trying to upgarde it's OS but I had a problem during that, you can find details in this link :

Update BB OS 6 stopped

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea, there was really no reason to start a new thread... could have just kept this one active so that all your issue history is available in one place.

nevertheless....

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code