Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Screen problems

Hey everyone. I am having some problems with my 9900's screen. The screen will always have a flicker when displaying a white background which I am OK with. The big problem is that the screen will sometimes just go mostly black but flicker in the top third so I can see icons and things. I can touch icons and they open or close. This problem happens when I am using the phone frequently throughout the day, almost always when on a call, and always when using it attached to the charger. To get it to stop I have to hit the top button and shut it off for about 3-5 mins and then it usually comes back and is good for a while. I have backed up and made sure I have the most recent firmware. I would post a few pictures of what I mean if I could figure out how to up load them. Any ideas or help to get this sorted would be great. Yeah the phone is old (2 yrs) and I don't really feel like paying bell 150$ to get a refurbed unit.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

Re: Screen problems

sounds to me like you have a loose connection somewhere inside the phone between the screen and the motherboard !
if its under warranty then take it to be repaired, if its not, you may neeed to have someone look at it and check the ribbon connector between the screen and the motherboard