Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
samolivier
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Screen turning white - Blackberry Bold 9780

Hello I hope you can help me,

I purchased a Blackberry 9780 18 months ago. The screen keeps turning white and would return to normal in minutes or even hours. I obviously tried to do a full reboot, remove and replace the battery but it does not resolve the issue. Has anybody else have the same issue? Is this a defect?

Although I do not see anything on the screen except for white, I can still receive call and make calls using the speed dial.

Thank you.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Screen turning white - Blackberry Bold 9780

Hi samolivier,

Welcome to the Community,

You can reload or upgrade your device OS if it a software issue reloading or upgrading your OS will solve the Problem otherwise its an hardware issue which need to be fixed . Please have a look at this Atticle of KB BlackBerry smartphone displays a blank white or black screen .Please do as KB suggest.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
starvinmarvin
My Device: Bold 9780

You can try the re-load systen stuff - but chances are its a hardware problem.  A little research in the forums and on the web reveals that this is a widespread problem that seems to happen to many people almost exactly one month after the warranty expires.  Happened on the 9700 as well. 

Here's a link to get your screen up:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BBB-9780-showing-a-white-screen/m-p/774521#M4...

And here's one detailing the remedy if your carrier sucks won't fix it:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/HELP-Glitched-white-screen/td-p/576106

Elite II
prince2012

starvinmarvin  wrote :

You can try the re-load systen stuff - but chances are its a hardware problem.  A little research in the forums and on the web reveals that this is a widespread problem that seems to happen to many people almost exactly one month after the warranty expires.  Happened on the 9700 as well. 

Here's a link to get your screen up:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BBB-9780-showing-a-white-screen/m-p/774521#M4...

And here's one detailing the remedy if your carrier sucks won't fix it:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/HELP-Glitched-white-screen/td-p/576106

Hi starvinmarvin

If you go through my reply I had already mentioned that if Reloading or Upgrading the device Software does'nt solve the problem then its a Hardware issue and its written on the RIM Knowledge Base itself .

So As Knowledge Base suggested I think there is no problem in trying ,And also the post is almost Three weeks old and OP has not updated his Thread and I think he already got his own Solution.

So I Believe don't Give up without a try.

Prince

New Contributor
starvinmarvin
My Device: Bold 9780

I wasn't criticizing anyone - just trying to make it easier for people to get to the problem...so they don't have to search for hours like I did.  I looked at posts way over 3 weeks old to find the real answers. 

Bottom line is that this is a 'faulty materials' issue that is quite common and the fact that RIM blows us off is one reason why the company is going out of business.   

New Contributor
samolivier
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Thank you guys for your help!

I found a much better solution. I walked in to a Telus store and bought an iPhone. Never had the white screen problem ever since :smileywink:

Elite II
prince2012

Hi samolivier,

That's Good you find a solution for yourself . Today I really expected your reply to the thread which you had left unanswered . 

So I hope to with BlackBerry 10 you would again a member of the Community.

Prince