Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
CJNELSON35
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Scrolling Issues and Headphone Sound Issues

Hello,

I'm currently using an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9900 - mobile carrier is with Rogers; however I'm actually with Telus.

Device INFO:

BlackBerry Bold 9900
OS V7.1.0.746, Plattform 5.1.0.546

I'm now experiencing the following problems:

1) When I try to scroll using the trackpad, it won't scroll down or up to view information within a text or email.  

When I try to scroll using my fingers on the screen - I will have to try scrolling several times in the direction I want to; then scroll the opposite way in order to move the screen a little bit. Mind you, this doesn't always work.

EXAMPLE:  If I want to read an email, I will have to scroll up a few times and then scroll down just for the screen to move slightly so I can read the email.

2)  When I insert my headphones into the phone, initially I hear a slight "clicking" sound coming through the right headphone. When I try to play one of my songs, I see that the phone is switching the sound from flowing through my headphones to playing from the phone.  Yet when I play any music track or video without the headphones plugged in the phone, they play fine and there's no problem with the sound.

I've pulled the battery several times and even resulted to doing a full clean data wipe and used Desktop Manager to reload my latest backup file and still no results. The battery is brand new and as far as I can see, there is no damage to the phone itself.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, as I'm getting frustrated and just ready to  cut my losses and go get a Samsung phone.

Thank you,

Carla

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Scrolling Issues and Headphone Sound Issues

Please have a look on the 3rd party apps installed on your device and un-install unused or un-necessary apps, if any.

Try to boot your handheld in Safe mode and observe.

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CJNELSON35
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Scrolling Issues and Headphone Sound Issues

Hi,

I'm still seeing the same issues in regards to the scrolling. 

As you suggested, I removed all 3rd party applications; did another back up; and completely did a clean data wipe of my phone.  Then I started the phone in Safe mode with SIM card in place, but did not restore my latest backup file; so the only applications on the phone would be the ones that were on the phone to begin with. I'm able to scroll with ease horizontally using both the trackpad and using my finger touch.

However the problem still remains when trying to scroll vertically with either the trackpad or using my finger.  It's with difficulty trying to read emails, BBM message, or texts, and I can't at all move the screen up and down in the web browser; so trying to check my Hotmail messages or even browsing on other websites is not possible.

The one thing that was resolved was the headphone sound issues. The sound doesn't jump from headphones to the regular phone speakers anymore, so that's one good thing.

I'm at a loss now and have no idea what else to do.  Any other suggestions???

Please use plain text.