Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
carolinepayot
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globe
Accepted Solution

Second hand blackberry 9900 rejects new sim card?

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone. I'm planning to sell my Blackberry Bold 9900. However, I'm afraid that the user can't use a new sim card for it, as when I tried placing a new one, the phone rejected it and it says "sim card not provisioned". How can I possibly fix this? 

I bought my phone as a plain unit on an online store, meaning it never was on a postpaid plan.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Second hand blackberry 9900 rejects new sim card?

You will need to get the device unlocked from a reputable unlocking service. I recommend unlock.berryreview.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
carolinepayot

Hi. Thank you for this. But, can I just ask if they work with the carriers here in the Philippines?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Once it's unlocked it will work with any GSM carrier.

Not all carriers offer BlackBerry services so no guarantee of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
carolinepayot

Okay, thank you so much!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lainchir
My Device: Not Specified

... just out of interest, can you not just wipe the phone and load another carriers software image ?

Just wondering.

Ta :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
carolinepayot

I tried wiping the phone and also tried using a different network sim card. It does not work.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
carolinepayot

I've tried your suggestion. Purchased the $6 fee through Paypal for my device (worldwide unlock code). I still haven't got any reply though.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
carolinepayot

And also, I've tried checking my spam almost every hour since yesterday.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

They've always been reliable for me. If you're not hearing back then I would contact the BerryReview folks.

As for loading another carrier's software, you can load any version of the software from any carrier to any device (as long as the software is for that specifiC device model). However, the software will always load as per the vendor code that is hard coded to the device so it makes no difference where the software comes from, it depends on the brand of device.
Please use plain text.