Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
AKAPaul
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Bell

Sending texts issues

Hello

A coworker of mine is having problems with texts not being sent to new contacts that have been added to the contact list.

The new contacts are able to be added with no problem and phone calls and mails can be sent and received to the new contacts but for some reason, texts can't.

Texts from the new contacts to my coworker are received but yet, my coworker is unable to reply to the texts.

There are no texting issues with the existings contacts in my coworkers contact list.

This texting issue to any newly added contacts is something fairly new.

I'm going to pull the battery (reboot) on the phone tomorrow and see if that helps but, I was just wondering if anyone here might have had the same issue and what the fix was.

Thanks

Paul

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Sending texts issues

Hello AKAPaul

Welcome to the forums.

What happens when your friend tries to reply to a message? Are they getting a specific error message? What happens when they try to send a new message to this contact? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AKAPaul

Hello

I can't remember exactly what the error message says but, it something along the lines like "short message can't be sent" and there is a little x at the start of the error message.

I'll find out for sure tomorrow what it says exactly and post it here.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AKAPaul

By the way, it's a Curve they have and not a Bold as I stated in my first post. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AKAPaul

This is the error message received by my coworker for any texts attempted to be sent to any newly added contacts.

"Short message transfer rejected"

A text being sent from the newly added contact to my coworker does come through but, my coworker is unable to reply to them.

A reply can be entered but, they get the same error message when they attempt to send the reply response.

I have a BlackBerry(Pearl) as well and my coworker and I have both added the same new contact to each of our contact lists.

We did the same steps when adding the contact.

I have no issues sending and receiving texts to that newly added contact.

My coworker and I both use the same carrier.

Please use plain text.