Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Sending videos by email.

When I take a photo, I can send it to my email account with no problem.  When I shoot a video, it appears I don't have that option.  The only thing close to that is to "send by Windows Live" which allows me to send it to one of my MSN Messenger contacts.  Is there a setting I can adjust to allow video to email?

Once again, I want to mention how impressed I am with the support in this community; bravo to each and every member who has helped out another!

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Sending videos by email.

If you have record one video, go to menu, media, videos, highlight the video, press menu and you have the option to send as email, right?, let me know.

If you don't have the option, can you post the software version please, go to menu, options, about, thanks. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Thank you for your quick response.

Under Video Camera Options, I have: Video light, Color effect, Video format, then under that I have Store videos..., and Folder.  Incidentally, when I view a picture as opposed to a video, I have many options, such as: Send as email, Send to Facebook, Send as MMS, Send as Windows Live and Send to Flickr, but under video I can only Send as Windows Live.

My software version is 4.6.0.162.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

You'll find these option when you enter your video folder. Highlight the file that you want to send via email -> click Menu and select Send As Email. If you're viewing the video file then these options will no be found.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Thank you for your reply, tanzim, but "Send as email" is not one of the options offered.  I'm hoping it's as easy as updating the software, but as far as I know, I have the most recent software.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Here is the link to upgrade to the last software available 4.6.0.365/4.6.0.216 (Multilanguage)

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/169177-latest-os-9000-4-6-0-365-...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
dupre_alexandra
My Device: Blackberry 8900 smartphone
My Carrier: educ

It's probably because your video is to heavy! I had the same problem so i tried to go on my email account and then clicked on "compose Email"  then clicked on the "menu" then 'attach file" ant searched for my file but it's after all that that I had a message telling me "The selected file exceeds the maximum allowed attachment size"!

So I have to find another way to transfer it! Do you have a memory card in your phone? Cuz if you do, you should be able to take it of and plug it on your computer. After that you will be able to transfer your video on your PC and then send it to email to whoever you want! Hope that it will help you! Let me know!

Have a good evening!

Alex

Please use plain text.