Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bgotza
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Service Concerns Tarnishing Blackberry

Hello, 

I am a university student who has had my BlackBerry Bold 9780 for the past two years and have done nothing but LOVED it. I depend on my smartphone device for a number of functions throughout my everyday school life and have been nothing but satisfied with my phone! However over the past month I have had quite the battle with my provider MTS who seems intent on tarnishing my relationship with my device. You see, when I purchased my BlackBerry I signed up for an additional year of service warranty to protect my device just in case anything was to happen after the one year guarantee you provide to your customers. In early May, my screen began to give me some issues, so I sent it in for repairs through my provider MTS and when I received it back, I noticed that my device was now running slower and more problematic than when I had originally sent it away. Now I do realize that this issue has nothing topically to do with Blackberry, however I am bringing this to your attention today such that you might be able to do something to prevent providers from "servicing" your devices improperly and giving your company a bad name. I have decided at this point that I would like to upgrade my phone and will likely be buying out the remainder of my contract with MTS and switching to a more professional provider, however I would certainly consider the purchase of another BlackBerry device but only in the case where I am assured that I would recieve a certain standard of care from my provider.

Yours truly

Brandon

A Concerned Customer

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Service Concerns Tarnishing Blackberry

Brandon, welcome aboard!

Firstly, we, just like you, are BlackBerry users.  We enjoy helping others with their BlackBerry issues but as regular users, we have no control of how your carrier addresses your service issues.

That being said, I would suggest that you return to MTS to tell them that they have not met their obligation of providing satisfactory service to your device.  They are contracted by BlackBerry to support your device.  If they are unable to provide a solution, they are to escalate your issue directly to BlackBerry technical support at no cost to you.

Please return to them and tell them to finish the job they started; it's their contractural obligation.

Keep us up to date.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.